Join

Friday, April 17, 2009

NKOTB

Joe McIntyre from NKOTB representin' the B&F Classic white logo tee during a live concert in Fresno CA. on April 16th, 2009


Anyone who's been around since the late 80's or has older siblings could recall a boy band that consisted of 5 young and very talented individuals (Jordan, Jonathan, Joey, Danny, and Donnie). The group -- New Kids on the Block (aka NKOTB). Straight from the streets of Boston Mass., these guys were the biggest pop music sensation along with Michael Jackson that emerged onto the music air waves during that era. Songs such as: "Please Don't Go Girl", "(You Got It) The Right Stuff," "I'll Be Lovin' You (Forever)" all had a fair share of seeing the #1 spot on the Billboard Charts. Their second album "Hangin' Tough" even went on to be one of the most recognized and well-accomplished albums in music history as this album had gone platinum eight times! A few years later, after a hallmark of songs and showcases that fueled their long standing success, the group then separated. Fast forward 15 years later, the same fellas that were once every young girl's heartthrob during that time re-emerged and reunited last year. One of their first songs that have already seen the top of the charts is a song that they connected with talented R&B singer/songwriter "Ne-Yo" for a smashing single called "Single."

OK, so where am I going with all of this. Last night me and a few of the ladies headed down to Fresno CA. to personally meet all 5 of the NKOTB and attend their live concert via 5 Star VIP via ILoveAccess, organized by Corinne. Ready and equipped with my Bastard & Friends Gift Bags for the boys, along with our Exclusive "Bastard & Friends Hearts NKOTB" shirts that I made for all of us, we began our fun filled adventurous 3 hour long road trip from the Bay Area to Fresno. The Savemart Center was filled with die hard NKOTB fans. I imagine that these were the little girls who never stopped the love and support for the band. I myself am a true fan, personally of Joe McIntyre, my favorite amongst the group. The 5 Star VIP program only allowed 10 fans at a time to meet with them. During that time, I handed the B&F gift Bags for the NKOTB to their assistants then I was greeted by Joey and Danny, both giving me a warm hug. During the course of our conversation, they were both interested in the logo and t-shirts that we were all wearing. I explained to them the B&F concept and history as both were definitely interested and gave me their warm wishes. Joe gave me a "High Five" and was extremely supportive. I never thought possible that I would actually be conversing with him and the rest of the crew regarding the concept and history of Bastard & Friends. The Meet & Greet lasted no more than 5 minutes, which ended with 2 unforgettable photos of us ladies and the NKOTB.

We were then ready to rock the house with none other than ABDC's season one winner, Jabbawockeez as the opening act for the concert. After another outstanding performance by this crew, NKOTB soon took over the stage. Sitting 6 rows from the stage we witnessed an unforgettable performance of them singing their new and old songs. Midway through the performance, Joe was rockin' the classic B&F white logo tee (pic below). Amazingly, Joe spotted me and the ladies in the crowd of over 10,000+ screaming fans and pointed at his shirt with a wink. And, I in return gave him a thumbs up for representin' B&F in front of a massive crowd. This wild and once in a life time experience went on for at least 4 whole songs to my recollection. Among those songs were "Single" and "2 in the Morning." AWESOME!!!


Group shot with a few other people



Check the mark at 7:24

Check the mark at 5:37


Sharon (Bastard & Friends)