Join

Monday, December 29, 2008

Time to rip the mountain

Nothing besides the holiday season gets me amped more than thinking about the blankets of snow that tend to cover the mountains of Lake Tahoe. Home to a number of prominent ski resorts such as: Heavenly, NorthStar, Sugar Bowl, Squaw, and Sierra just to name a few, Lake Tahoe is a must see destination on the West Coast for the thrill-seeking individual(s) looking to shred the the mountains in the winter. Going on our 10th year of riding together, my good friend Marcel and I will be exploding down and ripping the mountain tops of one of the previously mentioned resorts tomorrow! I'm so pumped right now writing this blog that my fingers are shaking just thinking about tomorrow's excursion! I anticipate a perfect ride day across all terrains ranging from pow (powder) in between the trees and the backcountry as well as the groomed trails and parks tomorrow since the latest weather report indicates a near 45 degrees with clear visibility. Not to mention, 4 Ft. of new snowfall within the past few days laying on top of the summit while a little over 2 Ft. is still hanging around the base. Now, I just need to make sure that my iphone is fully charged because I know for a fact I'm going to be in a zone listening to tunes ranging from: Linkin Park, Rise Against, Social Distortion, KORN, P.O.D, DJ Tiesto, Eminem, Planet Asia, Black Star, Tha Alkaholiks, EPMD, Binary Star and many others. DAMN, I'm pumped!

This is all I need to get me by minus the pants/jacket/iphone/Red Bull: Custom 160 Burton board (This board is about to be end-of-life after this year), helmet just in case I hit a tree, Dragon goggles to keep my eye site intact, gloves to keep the hands warm, and strap bindings to keep me stuck to the board. As you can see, I have two sets of bindings. One is the Custom Burton bindings and the other are K2. After last season of riding with the K2 bindings, it was evident that I needed to switch back to my originals since they were much more comfortable and easier to get out of (just ask Marcel who had to try and pull me out of them a few times last year at Heavenly). Too bad K2. I love the design and effort put behind them, but my old Burton's still kick ass!


Jonathan (Bastard & Friends)